Botox & Juvederm
Botox & Juvederm Specialist
Injectable treatments like Botox® and Juvéderm® are so well-known for their safety and ability to diminish lines and wrinkles that people sometimes forget the most important key to success: the experience of the person administering the injection. Dr. Tariq Khan specializes in medical aesthetic treatments and has years of experience injecting Botox and Juvéderm to restore a youthful appearance. Call his office in Tustin, California, or schedule an appointment online for an aesthetic consultation.
Botox & Juvederm
How do dermal fillers diminish wrinkles?
Everyone has a thin layer of fat beneath their skin that adds healthy volume and minimizes wrinkles. Over time, this layer of fat thins out, making cheeks look hollow and wrinkles more noticeable.
Dermal fillers are safe substitutes that temporarily replace lost fat. They’re injected under your skin, where they lift cheeks, plump lips, and soften lines and wrinkles.
What is Juvéderm?
Juvéderm is the name of a family of injectable dermal fillers made from a hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid is usually made by your skin, where it works as a moisturizer and adds volume. As an ingredient in Juvéderm fillers, it effectively replaces lost fat and diminishes the appearance of facial wrinkles.
What facial wrinkles are diminished with Juvéderm?
Each Juvéderm product targets specific wrinkles, so Dr. Khan chooses the one that’s best for your problem areas. Juvéderm treatments last one to two years, depending on the product used. With Juvéderm you can:
- Diminish moderate to severe wrinkles around the nose and mouth
- Lift and add volume to cheeks
- Plump lips and diminish vertical lip lines
What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable treatment made from a purified form of botulinum toxin. When Dr. Khan injects a small amount of Botox into carefully selected muscles, the toxin blocks nerve signals and the muscle stops contracting.
What types of wrinkles are treated with Botox?
Your face develops two types of wrinkles. Dynamic wrinkles develop from years of repetitive muscle movements, while static wrinkles are caused by age-related changes in your skin, such as loss of collagen. Botox successfully treats mild to moderate dynamic wrinkles. As Botox relaxes the muscles, the wrinkles they cause are significantly diminished or eliminated.
Dynamic wrinkles diminished by Botox include:
- Crow’s feet
- Forehead furrows
- Frown lines
- Neck bands
- Bunny lines on top of the nose
What other health conditions are treated with Botox?
Botox helps other health problems through its ability to block nerve signals, including:
- Hyperhidrosis: Severe underarm sweating can be stopped when Botox blocks nerve signals that stimulate sweat glands.
- Chronic migraine: Botox injections prevent migraines before they start. The injections are used to treat chronic migraines in adults that occur 15 or more days a month and that last four hours or longer.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders: Botox relieves soreness, discomfort, and tension in facial muscles affected by TMJ. Treatment with Botox may also eliminate headaches caused by teeth grinding.